Healthy, soft and ultra-slippery!
Ice cream is always a blast and this one is sort of an explosion of different textures and flavours……
It’s unbelievable what you can do with only 3 ingredients : honey, coconut milk and pistachios. Well, you need to know some tricks here and there but we’ll get there! First, take a look at these pistachios….. They’re incredible: natural salty flavour plus a vibrant green colour and you have your mouth watering with jusk a peek.
The most expected moment has finally arrived…Here are are the 3 tricks you need to know to nail this recipe!
- Toast the pistachios on a pan for 4-5 min.
- Blend the pistachios on high-speed, until you achive almost a flour kinda texture.
- Spread a thin layer of honey on top of each pear slice.
This recipe is a collaboration with Kirstin from “Taste and See” http://tasteandseeblog.co.za/about/. We decided to challenge each other and see what we would come up with only five ingredients. First, we decided on oats, pears, honey, pistachios and coconut milk, then we experimented, baked and experimented and baked again…until the masterpieces have been baked! Here they are, enjoy! Check her recipe here ⇒ http://tasteandseeblog.co.za/2017/06/01/5-ingredients-sp…th-poached-pears/ .
Slippery Pistachio Ice Cream
Prep Time: 6-8 min
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup of toasted pistachios (see the tips above ⇑ )
Toppings/ single serving
- 2 tablespoons of rice puffs (….)
- ½ pear
- 1 coffeespoon of honey
- dried, edible hibiscus flowers to decorate
- 1 teaspoon of toasted pistachios
- Combine all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until thick and creamy. You can use an ice cream maker if you have one. Pour the mixture into a medium container.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 1 hour and half before serving.
- Cut the pears in slices. and spread some honey above each layer. Put it on the oven for 10-15 min (when you see a golden colour standing out, remove from the oven).
- Sprinckle the rice puffs and the edible hibiscus flowers (or any other flower that strikes your fancy!)