Petit Gateau is a popular dessert known for its creamy core and the precious crust on the outside that everyone loves! This one is no exception!
You can bake these “carrot petits gâteaux” on a muffin tin or on a regular cake pan! It’s your decision, it is devilishly good in any case….
It’s such a shame that most supermarket carrot baked goodies are filled with sugar and fat that prevent them from shining. Carrots are rich in carotenoids and fiber, so let’s pick up our peelers and get it on!
Carrot Petit Gateau
Servings: a small cake (about 4-5 petits gateaux)
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25-30 Min
- 4 carrots
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ½ cup of hazelnut flour
- ⅓ cup of coconut flour
- ⅓ cup of demerara sugar
- 7 dates (soak the dates in water for 10 minutes to soften them)
- ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
- ¼ tablespoon of baking powder
- chocolate shaves and some raisins
- Heat oven to 170° degrees.
- Put the eggs, the coconut oil, the carrots, the dates and the sugar in a blender/food processor and pulse for 3-4 minutes.
- Choose a big bowl and mix all the remaining ingredients: the coconut flour, the hazelnut flour, the oat flour, the baking soda and the baking powder.
- Stir everything together and pour the batter into the prepared tin or cake pan.
- Add the raisins and some of the chocolate shaves!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.